Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moog Voyager on Letterman

Odyssian

Hi,

I just got through watching a bit of David Letterman (I don't watch much TV these days) and noticed that Paul Shaffer has a Moog Voyager. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder how long he's had it, and how often he uses it. At any rate, I thought it was neat that he had one. Wish I could say the same for me!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the late reply.. Yeah, I've always respected Paul's musical tastes, and his push to use real horns in the band. I must admit though, that after watching some 1980s re-runs recently, I miss that original theme song. It has a much slicker sound, IMO.

One thing that I always wished for concerns Paul's choice of sounds. They all fit the bill, but I always wished that he would use more analog synth sounds. I guess at heart he is an organ and piano player, but still...seeing that Oberheim in his rig all these years... (drooling). :)

Originally posted by Odyssian:

Hi,

I just got through watching a bit of David Letterman (I don't watch much TV these days) and noticed that Paul Shaffer has a Moog Voyager. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder how long he's had it, and how often he uses it. At any rate, I thought it was neat that he had one. Wish I could say the same for me!

He used the original Minimoog at first, then got the Voyager. I saw it when the show began the new season this past fall.

Archived