Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

'nother price check, please

mildbill

Korg Trinity Plus

or is it not even worth considering anymore?

24 meg rom, mono prophecy type sounds in bank m (or is it s?) nice touchscreen and pretty good controllers.

one is for sale at a local shop, but the price seems WAY high to me.

not too many completed e-bay sales to go by.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess i should have called this thread a 'reality check' instead of a price check.

does anyone think the trinity is still worth considering when then is so much triton stuff available?

does it have any advantages, or is it just a strictly dated, older model?

I haven't played one in awhile--slower operating system than the Triton, but more filter options. And this one has MOSS installed? Nice option. I have MOSS in my Triton.

I'd try to talk the price down a bit if you really like it.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

It takes time and patience to get things done on a Trinity touch screen. In this case, I think the touchscreen is a disadvantage...but, you know, try it out yourself. Maybe you'll take to it.

This is in the price range of used original Motifs, Fantoms, and Tritons, any of which I'd prefer over a Trinity...even expanded.

This is in the price range of used original Motifs, Fantoms, and Tritons
Close anyway.......I'd look around and see what else is available (used) first. I'm a big comparison shopper, and highly recommend it. You can save a lot of $$$ that way.
When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

$799 is definitely high... but what you might expect to see at a local store that has to pay the rent each month. I can't imagine they would have paid more than $400 for it... likely less.

As an option, the Trinity could do some basic hard-disk recording, and also had a SCSI option. Check and see if this unit has these.

Some Korg buffs prefer the sound of the Trinity to the Triton, but there's no question that even a "classic" Triton is far more versatile.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived