Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC1X

mildbill

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sounds are the same as a PC-2. There are a few threads about it.

It does limit features. I think it has only 1 CC pedal input and only 2 CC switch pedals. I think the top panel has a few less buttons/sliders.

It also does not have the organ KB-3 mode (voices).

I have one and I like it. Good action, good sounds, especially piano, rhodes, wurlitzer and strings. I got it instead of the pc2x because I did not need the kb-3 mode. It is better than I imagined after test driving all kinds before buying, and I'd definitely buy another in a second if something happened to this one. What do you want to know about it?
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

i basically was kind of wondering why the pc2x is twice the price.

did you get a ribbon for it? have you ever tried using fdspeck's pc2 editor with it?

can you assign any controllers to any effects parameters? there's no breath control input?

there's not a lot of info on it at the kurzweil site, but i know i like the pc2 sounds and the pc1 is a very nice looking unit.

Sorry, but I do not use the pc1x that way, and I hate editing patches, so I am not much help. I use the board live, and have not gotten into editing sounds and adding rack units to control. I intentionally moved away from that it's too complex a set up. I have gone from 'one board controls rack mounted units' back to dedicated boards: the pc1x for piano, rhodes, etc and an xk-3 for B3 sounds. I have used the short ribbon control on an sp88x I have but have not used the pc1x as a controller. There's plenty in the manual - you might just download one and check that out. My take on the price is that the features you mentioned plus others, and the kb3 add up to a price increase. They sound the same to me.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

I recall the PC-1x had a different keybed, too.

The ribbon can be 1 or 3 sections per setup on the PC-2. I don't know about the PC-1.

I would check the PC-1 manual for Setup controller assignment parameters. On the PC-2, any CC can be assigned to any controller. There are also NRPN for the Kurz itself.

I have heard that the fdspeck editor does work on the PC-1.

Archived