Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm getting used to the idea of soft synths...

TrancedelicBlues

...if only because some of the most interesting synths released this year were software rather than hardware...

Like Atmosphere, GPO, and Korg's Legacy collection...

beteween those three and Native Instruments B4 + Elektrik Piano, all my bases would be covered... maybe add FM7... and if there were a good ethnic/world-instruments plug-in to complete my palette i would be set for the next 5 or 6 years...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

...and if there were a good ethnic/world-instruments plug-in to complete my palette i would be set for the next 5 or 6 years...

You mean 5-6 weeks, right? ;)

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Originally posted by DanS:

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

...and if there were a good ethnic/world-instruments plug-in to complete my palette i would be set for the next 5 or 6 years...

You mean 5-6 weeks, right? ;)
Maybe you've got a point. :(

Still, I am finally coming to terms with the fact that Roland, Korg, Kurzweil and William may be going the way of Hammond, RMI, Ensoniq, ARP, and some others.

For all that will be gained, something will be lost... :cry:

Yamaha will survive. They still have their motorcycle division to fall back on... :rolleyes: Actually I love Yamaha synths... ;) But they will stop making them if software takes over.. :(

Still, I am finally coming to terms with the fact that Roland, Korg, Kurzweil and William may be going the way of Hammond, RMI, Ensoniq, ARP, and some others.

I wouldn't write them off just yet!
When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Originally posted by Synthoid:

I wouldn't write them off just yet!
Agreed, they'll stick around just like outboard gear manufacturers have. There are wonderful plug-in EQ's but that hasn't put Mnaley, Focusrite or any of the others out of business. Dave Bryce has some insight into this, DB are you out there ?

Rob Hoffman

http://www.robmixmusic.com

Los Angeles, CA

Archived