Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha to buy Steinberg

mildbill

Thanks Athan. Just what I wanted to hear. I guess this is not really surprising since Japanese companies seem to know how to compete in a productive manner.

Originally posted by Athan:

Yamaha intends to continue to fully support a wide variety of DAW platforms as we have always done in the past. We have always been a proponent of open standards and this will not change. Ths smae is tru of Steinberg, they will continue to support a wide variety for hardware as they have done in the past.

So just as the in the past Yamaha will support Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer and other sequencers and try to encourage the development of open standards for the integration of hardware and software like Studio Connections Recall.

We have already spoken with upper management at Cakewalk and reaffirmed that we will be working closely together as we have in the past. The same situation will apply to Logic/Apple.

It is not these companies that pose any challenge because they share our belief that a free and open marketplace based on open standards is the best thing for the industry.

It is companies who hold on to proprietary advantages and refuse to allow other companies to compete who are the real Borg.

Athan Billias

Director of Technology

Yamaha Corporation of America

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your being unaware of the fact does not mean there is no deal. And though you would like to be filled in, Im not sure Yamaha or NI feels a need to keep you informed on their business dealings.
In other words, you haven't got a clue whether or not there is a deal, but you decided to adopt a tone of smug superiority because it makes you feel important.

Thanks for playing!

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Gee, sarcasm. Merry Christmas right back atcha. :rolleyes:

This was only the second post by the poster; is it so far-fetched to think that perhaps it's either a dormant account that may have been hijacked by someone, or an old account that someone changed the name of? You do realize you can change your display name, right?

Thanks for contributing to the thread, though. Quite constructive. :thu:

SG

I was gonna let this one slide, Sven, but since you have reinserted yourself into the "debate," your post here indicates a boundless arrogance, incredible self-importance, and a complete lack of humor and perspective.

My reply to your comment about Athan's identity was in good cheer and the fact that you replied in such a completely nasty manner is only a reflection of your character and has absolutely nothing to do with the odds of someone having absconded with Athan's identity 3 years ago in order post completely reasonable Yamaha public relations on this forum. (Those odds, however, are quite miniscule, but naturally greater than zero.)

What I have contributed on-topic to this thread is still in print above. You must have deleted your valuable contributions, because all I seem to have run across are your attempts to cast doubt on Athan's identity and your personal attacks on me.

As far as your eye-rolling, your sarcastic Christmas wishes, and your other smart remarks I think you know where you can stick them.

Originally posted by radiospace:

"Yeah, it could be an imposter who registered on this forum in November 2001 and with great patience has been waiting for the ideal moment to spring his nefarious plan into action. And, apparently, that moment has finally arrived!"

It's Athan alright.. :wave:

Thanks Athan for letting us know Yammies true intentions. But can we consider your word as good as gold?, i.e. - something that won't tarnish over time? Hopefully it is Athan. Keep it Open source - not only for the present but in the distant future. I believe it will be in Yammies best interest if they do. And I think my colleagues would agree.

Besides you don't want so many people to hate you like they do Microsoft do you? ;)

Mike

Archived