Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AES San Fran?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stinking Rose is a pretty decent place to eat, if you're into garlic. I'm into garlic. And breath mints.

I've never eaten at Buca de Pepto.

Considering the fact that AES is occurring on Halloween weekend, we might be smart to opt for the vampire-repellent advantage of The Stinking Rose's menu.

Altoid, anyone?

Update:

The Stinking Rose just called me back and said that they had made a mistake and could only accommodate us at either 6:30 or 9:30, so I'm thinking that (unless someone else wants to go restaurant hunting) we're on for Buca di Beppo SF at 8 PM on 10/29/04.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Bummer that we won't catch any live music, but hey -- it will be good to see you guys.

Fandango doesn't have any movie times for the Metreon on Friday yet, but if there's a late showing of Ray there (which there probably will be), I'm going after dinner. Anybody who wants to can come along. The Metreon is the big movie theatre right on the corner of 4th and Mission, and a very short walk from Buca di Pepto, Moscone, and most of the hotels near Moscone.

I'll check back on during the week to see if Ray is playing there that night...

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Geoof's avoiding me. :D (sic)

Grace, I'm gonna kick yer ass if I ever catch up with you! :mad::P:D

I'm sorry you can't make it up to AES, Geoff. You better be at Phil's BBQ next summer, or I'll really be bummed.

Oh, and, one more thing... GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Originally posted by devilBunny:

Geoof's avoiding me. :D (sic)

Can you blame me? devilBunnies are s c a r e y ! :eek:

Grace, I'm gonna kick yer ass if I ever catch up with you! :mad::P:D

See what I'm sayin'? ;)

I'm sorry you can't make it up to AES, Geoff. You better be at Phil's BBQ next summer, or I'll really be bummed.

Don't worry, distant cousin. We will meet one day... Winter NAMM perhaps?

Oh, and, one more thing... GO PACKERS!!!

Yes, by all means,

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/Packers.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Rob,

I think this was the ultimate decision - 8pm at Bucca di Beppo per dB's posting:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Update:

The Stinking Rose just called me back and said that they had made a mistake and could only accommodate us at either 6:30 or 9:30, so I'm thinking that (unless someone else wants to go restaurant hunting) we're on for Buca di Beppo SF at 8 PM on 10/29/04.

dB

:DTR

Originally posted by Dave the Grave:

Rob,

I think this was the ultimate decision - 8pm at Bucca di Beppo per dB's posting:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Update:

dB

:thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Hey dB,

I just decided, I know kind of last minute, to head up to the show. Any way I can sneak into this shindig you're putting together?

-Mike

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

OK, so the Metreon's schedule is finally up on Fandango.

Ray is playing at the Metreon tomorrow night at 10:40 and 12:10. Anyone up for catching the movie after dinner?

I've had a long week, and I've got a gig on Saturday, so if no one else is going I might just wait to see it with my wife. But if any of you guys are going, it won't take much to talk me into it. :D It's the kind of movie that I'll happily watch more than once, so Audrey won't be missing out on anything...

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

Originally posted by Dave the Grave:

Rats! I never made it up to the city for the show or the dinner :( Had something else at work come up that I had to attend to. Oh well. Hope y'all had fun.

:DTR

It was lovely. Someone took pictures, hopefully they'll post them. You missed a good time! :D

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

Archived