Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Triumvirat - Keys?

Odyssian

Does anyone happen to know what synths Jurgen Fritz used on Spartacus and/or Illusions on a Double Dimple?

The liner notes only list "Moog synthesizers". I'll bet he used a Mini, but I'm wondering if he also used a Moog modular or ???.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, he had several Minis and a Modular.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Thanks Joe, I was thinking there was a lot of analog goodness on those albums for only the Mini to produce (that's not a Mini flame). For some reason, I can't find any info on the net about Jurgen's synths other than "Moogs". I only found a couple of pics, but none showed his synths.

Dave, in one of the few pics that I did see of Jurgen's rig, it looks like he's playing an ARP Solina.

Originally posted by Odyssian:

Dave, in one of the few pics that I did see of Jurgen's rig, it looks like he's playing an ARP Solina.

That would have been my guess...not just because of the sound, but off the top of my head I can't think of any other string machines from that era. Roland had the RS101, but I think that was a few years after Spartacus, Illusions, etc.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Odyssian:

That would have been my guess...not just because of the sound, but off the top of my head I can't think of any other string machines from that era. Roland had the RS101, but I think that was a few years after Spartacus, Illusions, etc.

dB

He does list the ARP on one of the albums. I think it was "Old Loves Die Hard". You would think he would have used it elsewhere since the sound is the same.
There are no stupid questions but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots!

Archived