Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

big 3 rompler user interfaces

mildbill

from another thread, it seems people find some of the current workstations easier to use/grasp than others.

i'm thinking in terms of being able to use and understand the board without cracking open the manual.

for me the easiest to use is roland.

korg comes next.

yamaha is the most difficult.

do you agree?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mildbill:

from another thread, it seems people find some of the current workstations easier to use/grasp than others.

i'm thinking in terms of being able to use and understand the board without cracking open the manual.

for me the easiest to use is roland.

korg comes next.

yamaha is the most difficult.

do you agree?

Yeah, pretty much. But Roland made a big leap into the realm of user-friendliness with the original Fantom board. their stuff used to be a whole lot more cryptic then it is now.

Korg's touch-screen interfaces are nice. Roland basically copied the idea from Korg (minus the actual "touch" feature, I believe), and I suppose Yamaha will ultimately follow.

I do think the Yammies have the best collection of sounds right now... but the others ain't chopped liver either... and yeah, the current generation of Motifs have the least cool interfaces of the "big three"--but their sounds are just awesomely superbly fantastically richly awe-inspiringly rich..

:D

Aw, heck, all three workstations are absolutely superbly fantastically awesomely rich...

:)

You can't go wrong with any of them, really...

:confused::(

Archived