Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Rig for me! But must amp it! Help

tarkus

About to purchase Korg Triton Extreme 76.

My old rig was a Triton Pro 76 on the bottom with a Kawai K-3 up top midied up to a p.o.s. Yamaha Tg-100 tone generator mod (bout as big as a car stereo) and rounded it nicely with a theremin and a Casio MG-500 midi guitar for laughs.

Lost all my gear in fire.

Insurance says "rebuild rig".

New rig will be:

Triton Extreme 76 (bottom)

Alesis Ion (top)

that's it...

I play bass and keys in my band.

I need a PA or amp system that will be a good transition between bass and keys, portable and comfortable at home.

The old set up was Two Guitar amps and one bass amp with select/splitters between the outs.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, if I were in your situation and wanted a single amp solution, I'd go with the Motion Sound KP200s and a Bass Pod xt. Optimally, a bass amp would be a better addition to the Motion Sound, but for convenience's sake, it's much better to play bass through a bass pre and keyboard amp than to play keyboards through a mixer and bass amp.

"For instance" is not proof.

I agree, my bass player on rehalses did this for some time after his bass amp was stolen. It sounded really good in fact. Better then his original amp. Now he is playing one new amp, but still asks me do I have one plug extra for him every time.

Faruk

Fat But Fast

I have a bass amp and will still use it to 'punch' the keybd bass. I like the pods will check it out this weekend. Motion Sound is new to me, but I am willing to give it a go.

The PA solution wasn't too thrilling. The Triton stereo sounds need a real stereo.. I was playing through a Fender passport mono -(blech). It wasn't bad but when you played the tricked out stereo patches in true stereo, you didn't want to go back to mono.

Thanks folks!

Archived