Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New P250

Bill Norman

I'm the proud owner of a new Yamaha P250, as of this past Saturday. I've spent a couple of years trying out pianos, following auctions for the P200's, and positioning myself financially to obtain this instrument. After placing the order, I was so excited I nearly purchased cigars that read "It's a Yamaha".

I am writing here to ask if anyone has experienced a significant amount of internal reverberation/buzzing from their instruments? Mine seems to become all ajitter in the key of B--- and most prominently when the second B below middle C is played.

Is this normal? In all of my hours playing in the local music store I never noticed this vibration.

Thanks for you input,

Bill

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill, I'm still waiting for the arrival of my P250, but if mine has any internal vibrations, I will simply open it up and place some foam or bubble to dampen it.

I owned a Jeep Wagoneer back in 1988 or so I literally had to take the entire car apart to stuff foam and bubble wrap to stop all of the rattles. You gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW, do the rattles only occur when you use the internal speakers?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived