Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Michael McDonald (Sunday Morning, Grammys)

daBowsa

I watched a piece on Sunday Morning about Michael McDonald. While they talked about his singing for the entire article, I couldn't help but scope out his keyboard gear:

Motif ES or S90

Standtastic (single tier)

A pair of floor wedges

There was some vitage footage of him with the Doobies, but all I could pick up was the Rhodes and I think a D6.

Anyone have his new album? Anyone going to watch the Grammys?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dabowsa:

Anyone going to watch the Grammys?

I actually turned down a backstage pass.

The Effanel guys are going to do the 5.1 mix on ADAMs. I took the speakers down to the Staples Center on Thursday and set them up, and they asked whether I wanted to come down to hang out for the show, which I politely declined.

Y'all may think I'm crazy, but it's kinda not my kind of good time to be backstage at an awards show when you don't have a reason to be there/aren't working; plus, the whole star-gazing thing really doesn't crank my prop much.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by dabowsa:

Still, you must have some pretty decent notches on your belt to pass on the opportunity to say "Yeah, I hung out backstage at the Grammys"...

Say it to whom? ;)

Like I said - the whole star-gazing thing isn't real important to me. I've been backstage at events - mostly, unless I have a reason to be there, I just kinda feel in the way.

The funny thing is...if I had a ticket (and a seat in the audience), I'd probably go.

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I've been backstage at events - mostly, unless I have a reason to be there, I just kinda feel in the way.

I had a backstage pass for a Sting concert in LA once. Although it was great to check out the rehearsal and just be there I also felt very much "in the way" too. I got to see Stevie Wonder and Sting in the same space at the same time ... freaked me out!

Dave, the *ahem* reason to be there, was specifically to TELL US SOME GREAT STORIES!!!!

....not to "work", not to be a groupie, not to pass the dutchie w/ George Clinton, not to stare at keyboard rigs or Christina's jugs, but to give us dirt!!!

*weeping quietly*

Dirt that could get us through a few days or a weeks of this 'no more football' void.....this period of huge life adjustment!! For the love of goddddd maaaan, have you any compassion?!!!! :cry:

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Dave, the *ahem* reason to be there, was specifically to TELL US SOME GREAT STORIES!!!!

....not to "work", not to be a groupie, not to pass the dutchie w/ George Clinton, not to stare at keyboard rigs or Christina's jugs, but to give us dirt!!!

*weeping quietly*

Dirt that could get us through a few days or a weeks of this 'no more football' void.....this period of huge life adjustment!! For the love of goddddd maaaan, have you any compassion?!!!! :cry:

Sorry, Jay. Next time, okay? ;)

dB

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by RaGe:

I got to see Stevie Wonder ... freaked me out!

But did he see you? That would have really freaked you out. :eek:
You are wrong for that one! :) Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived