Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Minimoog Voyager in Europe

mooghead

The fact is simple. We talked about Clavia as well for the same matter a while ago...

Minimoog Performer Edition

$ 2.995,00 list price in the States

$ 3.740,00 street price in Italy

Since I can assume street price in the US is even lower, I won't accept to pay this huge difference, even for a specialty american product.

First: is there any on-line shop in Europe that sells the Voyager at a lower price?

Second: is there any on-line shop in the US that ships to Europe? What is the street price in the US?

Third: is there a way to import the sinth direct?

I understand that delivery and distribution have a cost and I'm gonna pay for it...but I dont' accept to pay more than 750 bucks just for living outside the States.

Hoping to be a proud owner of a Voyager soon,

my regards,

ciao everybody!

Mooghead.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Street price in the US is $2495, though you could probably get it for less. Many states have a sales tax, usually between 4-9%, but you can buy over the Internet/mail order and avoid the sales tax. So if you have 16% VAT (is that right?) on top, you could probably get one here for almost 1/2 that amount.

I should but don't, fully understand the impact of the dollar vs the Euro on these things.

Busch.

Well, we get slammed here with the import tax, which is around 60% for musical instruments in general. I'm not sure what the import tax is in Italy, or Europe.

Direct import here is a nightmare - too much paperwork, plus you need a license. Sucks big time.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Thank you for your replies...

Here VAT is 20% (absolutely crazy isn't it?).

If I consider $ 2.495 as a street price, even adding taxes I'm really far away from the $ 3.740,00 I would pay here. With this difference I could buy a ticket, come there, buy it with a good case and bring it back, have the ticket paid and the case for free!

If I don't find a solution, even if the Voyager is a dream of mine, I won't pay this huge premium price and settle for something less...maybe a good VA...for this price I could nearly buy a Q+!

It's just too advanced for me...the NL3 with its easy interface would be better.

I just hate to think that sooner or later, even with a great VA, I would start to think again to the Voyager...I just hate to throw away money.

I'll tell you if I find a way...

Ciao

Originally posted by paostby:

Can a US guy stationed there in the US military help get you one through the US military store (PX)?

Well...if I knew one I could try to ask him to help me, but I don't know anyone in the US Army...

Good idea if I knew to whom to ask...

Thanks.

p.s. Now my mind is working on the Clavia NL3, unless I find a way...

Archived