Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You guys are gonna hate me...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave,

This question is predominantly for you and Mike if he can answer it without compromising the marketing of the Motif ES.

Dave you haved used both the S90 and now your new found love the motifES :D . If I didnt need sampling and sequencing and all the other stuff which the ES offer and my primary concern was the quality of the presets would you say it would be better to purchase the S90 instead of purely on its sounds only. Taking into consideration the difference in price of both boards.

Also I'd like to ask and anyone who has played the yamaha's balanced hammer action how difficult is it to play organ runs on it.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Skyyder:

Dave you haved used both the S90 and now your new found love the motifES :D . If I didnt need sampling and sequencing and all the other stuff which the ES offer and my primary concern was the quality of the presets would you say it would be better to purchase the S90 instead of purely on its sounds only. Taking into consideration the difference in price of both boards.

Easy question, since I don't need sequencing or sampling either. For me, it's basically all about the sound.

The answer is that it's entirely a matter of personal taste. As far as my personal taste goes, I think the ES is much more what I'm looking for sonically than the S90 was. I wasn't terribly enamored with the S90's filters.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce

Easy question, since I don't need sequencing or sampling either. For me, it's basically all about the sound.

The answer is that it's entirely a matter of personal taste. As far as my personal taste goes, I think the ES is much more what I'm looking for sonically than the S90 was. I wasn't terribly enamored with the S90's filters.

Hi Dave,

Thanks, without actually saying the words I read that you are saying the ES sounds a lot better than the S90.

The sampling and the sequencer is an added bonus that I really don't need at this time, maybe later on however I am a stickler for great sounds and if I can get the best within my budget then that is what I'd go for.

However, I wish I could get all that without the Sequencer and sampler in 76 keys. I guess not. I hate to have to fork out $2400 for the ES7 + the cost of shipping.

My wife will kill me if she ever finds out I spent so much on a keyboard, but I don't see myself wanting any other board out there at this time.

Archived