Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My First Time (analog)

Veracohr

So I just received my first analog synth. A Novation BassStation Rack.

I'm getting used to it, but it seems pretty cool so far. Good lead sounds as well as bass. A couple things bug me about it, like a couple of the controls which, when turned fully counter-clockwise, have a step at the very end of the range where it jumps up to the value at the other end of the range. Did that make sense?

Other than that, though, I haven't found anything bad about it. I wish the knobs were a little more sturdy-feeling, but it's not a big deal. Except one glaring thing.

This thing has the worst manual. It's a UK company, but the manual reads like a bad translation from a non-English language. It also doesn't explain a whole lot. I downloaded it from their website. I hope the manual that shipped with it is better than this one. There's glaring spelling and typographical mistakes all over it! For instance, when referring to the LFO, half the time it says "LEO". And that's not all.

Good synth, as much as I can tell so far. It is the first analog synth I've even played.

"And then you have these thoughts in the back of your mind like 'Why am I doing this? Or is this a figment of my imagination?'"

http://www.veracohr.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived