Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis QS series made easy book . . .

shniggens

Would anyone recommend this book for a beginner to the sound editing mumbo-jumbo like me?

I have had my QS.8 for almost 7 years now, but I never messed with tweaking sounds, etc. because I was always playing the damn thing.

Now that I am playing in a rock band, I want to use the board to it's full potential. I don't really dig the manual. I need a book that would be comparible to "The Idiots Guide To QS series", if there were such a thing. :)

So I found this "Alesis QS Series Made Easy" by David Crawford on Amazon. Anyone read it?

Gracias.

Amateur Hack

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by shniggens:

Would anyone recommend this book for a beginner to the sound editing mumbo-jumbo like me?

I have had my QS.8 for almost 7 years now, but I never messed with tweaking sounds, etc. because I was always playing the damn thing.

Now that I am playing in a rock band, I want to use the board to it's full potential. I don't really dig the manual. I need a book that would be comparible to "The Idiots Guide To QS series", if there were such a thing. :)

So I found this "Alesis QS Series Made Easy" by David Crawford on Amazon. Anyone read it?

Gracias.

There was at least one article in keyboard. I have not read the book. The menus a fairly easy to hack your way through - I encourage you to sit down and tinker.

If you want to learn synthesizer basics, you are better off with a simple analogue synth instead with a book.

Buy a Roland Juno 60/6/106 or Korg polysix and dial those knobs until you know what every function does. (use this forum if you need any help)

After that take a look at your QS. Things will be far more clear then!

After your learning process, you can easily sell the analogue. Maybe you can make a small profit...

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Archived