Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Why they're delayed...

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Leave it with me. I might be able to do this in a quick & easy way. Who & where is heat900@aol.com? I'm concerned the email address has a low ceiling. The files were 13megs compressed. If the person has a ceiling of 10 megs, we're SOL.

Well my quick & easy way makes me loose the bleeds. I've got a call into Heather at Electric Records. Maybe they don't need bleeds. In regards to the low email ceiling, I only have a 10 meg limit. I could break it up into pieces. It clogs up email, though. Before I can email more, they have to download what I have up there.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I call Heather today.

Warning - she does not return phone calls...

dB

I'm special, she called me back. I'll send her files shortly.

Steve

I call Heather today.

Warning - she does not return phone calls...

dB

I'm special, she called me back. I'll send her files shortly.
:cool:

Thanks, Steve! :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Ehhhh, they come when tey come. This is not the face of someone who is worried about it. Have a Happy Christmas, and worry about piddly things afterward.

Like my grandpa used to say, don't sweat the petty stuff; PET THE SWEATY STUFF! :D

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...

First of all, I appreciate everyone's patience - this is really starting to get stupid.

Secondly, I want to take a moment to say that Electric Records, who are the folks whom I entrusted with doing our CDs, suck big time. They have displayed an inordinate amount of incompetence and rudeness, and I have just been forced to demand either our finished CDs or the return of our money and materials by next Monday.

I do not anticipate the CDs showing up, and so I imagine that I will have to find another source to get our discs pressed. Maybe Dr. Jackpine would allow us to hire him...

Bottom line - it may be a few weeks before we get these out to you.

I am tremendously sorry that this has become such an ordeal. I will attempt to resolve this as soon as possible.

In the mean time, if you or anyone that you know is considering doing any business at all with Electric Records, I'd advise against it. :mad:

dB

Originally posted by jackpine:

Since I was expecting a copy, I've been following this thread....

Sounds like it's been quite a cluster. Electric records isn't making any friends here.

If you all want it... I certainly have the time, right now, to get this thing out.

Let me know.

You rock, Jim. :thu:

I'll give the nice folks at ER until Monday to resolve this so as to be able to extract myself cleanly and honorably if they don't come through. If that turns out to be the case, we will be happy to have the opportunity to hire you.

Muchas gracias!

dB

Dave, perhaps if you agreed to do session work on our music projects in 2003, we might possibly forgive you this outrage. ;)

Oh well, life in the music world, who would want it any other way? I know this one will be well worth the wait.

A happy New Year to all.

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

I only joined the forum recently. Is it too late to plonk down some dosh and get a copy, or is it a "contributors only" deal?

DTR

It's not a contributors only deal at all. It's open to anyone who wants to spend $10.

We were previously closed at 50, becuase I had placed the order. However, we may be about to switch facilities, so I imagine we may be able to add a few more orders in.

Stay tuned...

dB

Okay, I just got email from Electric Records. They are sendingme back the master disc.

Dr. Miles, looks like we're on. if you'll email me your phone number ( Davebryce9@aol.com ), I'll give you a call and we'll get this ball rolling.

dB

Well the ball is officially rolling. Dave is sending me the final's for the disk

I burned a brand new master disc, checked it for errors and sent it out to you last Thursday.

In other fun news, Electric Records was supposed to send me a package containing the CD of the music, the CD of the art, and a refund check.

Guess which one didn't show up? :mad:

dB

Nor is it likely to show up without further arm-twisting. :mad: It's a shame you almost have to go postal with some dim-bulbs just to protect yourself from getting screwed. :(

You certainly shouldn't have to eat the cost of this alone. If you don't feel like dealing with these idiots anymore, I for one would be glad to mail you another $10 check.

Anybody with me on this?

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Well the ball is officially rolling. Dave is sending me the final's for the disk

In other fun news, Electric Records was supposed to send me a package containing the CD of the music, the CD of the art, and a refund check.

Guess which one didn't show up? :mad:

dB

I knew it wouldn't be easy. As soon as I heard they had cashed the check. . .

It never ceases to amaze me that bills can find our postal address, quickly & easily. But checks seem to have a difficult time getting through the postal system. Why is that?

Steve

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

You certainly shouldn't have to eat the cost of this alone. If you don't feel like dealing with these idiots anymore, I for one would be glad to mail you another $10 check.

Anybody with me on this?

I'm in. :thu:

Originally posted by Tusker:

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

Anybody with me on this?

I'm in. :thu:
I appreciate the thought, but that shouldn't be necessary. I'm not the nicest person in the world when someone tries to hose me, but I'm definitely one of the last people in the world that you want on your tail when it's other people who are getting hosed in my name. As the person who chose Electric Records, this is my responsibility.

It's too bad - they did do a nice job on our other projects.

dB

From Electric Records:

"David...I apologize for not putting the check in...I was all concerned about getting the project back to you...I forgot to put it in...I will overnight it to you Monday..you will have it Tuesday...Again I apologize for the delays and not being able to do this one for ya.

Have a great holiday season.

Heather"

So, we'll see...

dB

I'm in for giving up more cash if you need it Dave/Jim. :thu:

Jackpine is the man...always helpful in time of need. He pumped out the other coaster for us on the business forum, did a very fine job. Thanks for taking the time Jim. :thu:

Peace my friends.....

Jazzman :cool:

It's too bad - they did do a nice job on our other projects.

dB

Very true. Something has changed there, like maybe too much business for the staff, company is in trouble, lost key personnel(spell?), etc. Really too bad.

Steve

Dave,

Thanks for the update. I've got total confidence in you and your decisions. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this either! Do whatcha need to do. Let us know if we can help in any way! And thanks again for all that you do!

Rick

The current status......

All the content is here. Received the master from dB yesterday. The graphics from Steve are also in.

Now comes the choice.

I can have this thing duped, printed, packaged and mailed by tomorrow......if.... I use the materials I have around the studio. This means non die cut inserts and u cards. There is also a bit of a "washed out" look to the printing on the disk. I flat out don't know why. If this were a commercial release I would sweat the details.

If you all desire it I can order up the die cut glossy inserts ect... this will just take more time.

Let the voting begin.

Jim:

If I recall, the last run wasn't glossy inserts either. They looked great regardless - and sounded great more importantly.

On the other hand, if your gut tells you to wait it out for the better supplies, trust your judgement. Can you upload an image to add to this thread to show the differnce between to the two types of packaging? Or maybe just send dB a proof so he can decide. I'll be happy with whatever the final product is. Thanks again to all invloved with the run :)

The current status......

All the content is here. Received the master from dB yesterday. The graphics from Steve are also in.

Now comes the choice.

I can have this thing duped, printed, packaged and mailed by tomorrow......if.... I use the materials I have around the studio. This means non die cut inserts and u cards. There is also a bit of a "washed out" look to the printing on the disk. I flat out don't know why. If this were a commercial release I would sweat the details.

If you all desire it I can order up the die cut glossy inserts ect... this will just take more time.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Is it the printer you are using for the inserts? Or is it the paper? Are the files I sent the problem?

Steve

Archived