Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One enviable thing about the new "B3"...

Tedly Nightshade

I was reading some hype on the new B3 and there is one thing there I think I want....

They have actual for real mechanical/electric drawbars, that are supposed to make all the cool little chirping noises that the for real drawbars did in the past. I'm a drawbar fiend, always wiggling 'em. I love those noises. That's probably the single thing I really miss about using the XM1/V4/122 setup I have now, those chirpy "star trek" noises...

I wonder are they movable by midi? Like flying faders are? That would just kill me if they are... I have a sequencer constantly shifting my drawbars in a never-repeating "loop" (made of two competing loops of no-common-denominator length). I get bored when those things stand still.

I'm never going to spring for a new "B3" but if this technology is what I think it is, and it appears on more portable Hammond Suzuki rigs in the future, I will be lusting for the midi-able mechanical drawbars of my DREAMS...

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure you can get the drawbars to change electrically but not physically. The drawbars don't have motors on them. On my Xk2 I can change the drawbars by using the presets. The sound changes but the 'bars' don't move. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Well I suppose if it sounds the same the bars don't actually need to move, but using real mechanical drawbars, I think perhaps they must move to get the sound...

It's totally different from the other Ham Suzie drawbars...

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived