Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Newbie Question...

bstp

Hi everyone ! Hope somone can help... I've been recording bass directly into Cubase.5 for a while now. Never had any problems. Today I setup to record bass (on track 10)... miked my amp, setup the direct input from my mixer, opened Cubase, enabled the track and off I go... It worked fine except for one thing... It recorded all the other tracks as well into track 10. I know it's not a soundcard or a mixer problem since I recorded synth parts to Wavelab earlier. My Troubleshooting pdf didn't help me at all. I don't seem to find anything in the audio setup that could help either... Anyone knows what it could be ?

Thanks in advance !!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a guess, but do you have a Creative card ala SBLive or Audigy???

Go into your Windows audio mixer's Recording Properties and make sure "What You Hear" isn't checked.

Danged Creative software has a tendencity to reset this on and then you get echoed tracks (wish they'd get rid of that option anyway...)

I didn't think of that ! But I went to see and it isn't even available... Think I'm gonna re install my SB (you were right) driver ! Thanks timobrien ! I'll keep you posted

Archived