Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Classifieds?

Dave Bryce

Hmmmm...here's a tough question.

So, this site used to have a Classified section...if it still does, I can't find it.

Seeing as how we are actually a living, breathing community, and seeing as how the vast majority of us are keyboard players/musicians, I can't help but think it would be a good idea if there were a way that we could make other forum members aware if/when selling something, or looking for something used. However, I am concerned that opening this door will lead to trouble, and that we'd end up looking like rmms and/or have our level of spam increase.

Here's an idea - what do you guys think of having a few dedicated folders, clearly marked, for classified use?

For example:

FORUM CLASSIFIEDS: For Sale/Trade

FORUM CLASSIFIEDS: Want To Buy

This topic has come up before, and my position has always been to direct people to the site's Classified section. However, with that option apparently gone, perhaps it is a good idea to revisit this.

As always, majority rules - so, if you have an opinion, speak up!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duh. Marketplace. Didn't see that - thanks, Geoff.

I've gotta learn to pay attention. :rolleyes::D

Well, I'll still be interested to hear what people are thinking on the subject...I looked under "Keyboards" - there's been one post this year - someone selling sample CDs...maybe I'm not the only one having trouble finding them.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Seeing as how we are actually a living, breathing community,

I thought we were a living breathing corner.

That classified section seems to be pretty moribund. I think having our own topic (or a small number by category) would be more effective.

Archived