Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jim Aikin

Dave Bryce

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanna add my voice... better late than never.

I'm a Keyboard reader since the very beginning. I always thought that Jim is the best synth reviewer around - in fact, one of the few who really know what he's talking about. I'm thinking for the first time in my life to stop buying Keyboard. Maybe we should send this thread to the publishers of Keyboard and let them know that the vast majority of keyboardists thinks this was a really, really, silly move. I'm really angry!!

Carlo

Well, I'll listen to the voice of reason from Sonic Reality; I do enjoy a bunch of the other writers, too -- John Krogh, Greg Rule, -- really the _writers_ are just fine on the magazine, it's the ad/editorial balancing act, and the need to cut things short so there's more adspace, that's the frustrating factor. And that's not even the editor's "fault," it's the nature of the cost of a mag.

And yes, Keyboard vs. Better Homes & Gardens, that's an easy discussion to end. :D

Just getting old and grumbly too, I guess.

rt

Was reading an old Keyboard mag last night (I don't always have time to read them through when they arrive, but often catch up later) from 2000. There were some great articles on plug ins, articles by/about T Lavitz and Jordan Rudess, and LOTS of great articles by Jim Aikin (along with Craig, Jeff Rona, etc.)...

It's really amazing to me that they would choose to lose someone who provides as much content (and useful content at that) from their magazine. I know that it's tough times in the industry, but....this change stumps me.

Well, Jim - whatever you do, we know you'll do it well.

Best to you,

lz

"..we should send this thread to the publishers of Keyboard and let them know that the vast majority of keyboardists thinks this was a really, really, silly move. I'm really angry!!"

I am Keyboard reader since 7 years.Jim Aikin articles were the best.His talent and deep knowledge has helped Keybord magazine to be a CREDIBLE issue.I can't subscribe Keyboard mag due to my nomadic way of life, so I buy it from newsstand each and every month,(Most oftenly I perform in Dubai,UAE)

Always wandered why Keyboard isn't available in Eastern Europe(qustion to publishers, distributors and everybody, who complains about tough times for the magazine). I am sure you loose a lot of potential readers here (and subscribers too).Don't worry guys, we read in English very well!

And, finally, Jim Aikin MUST be back in Keboard!!!

Archived