Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey, Cameron...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Didja get a chance to listen to the advance copy of the cover CD that I brought you?

Whaddaya think?

dB

Of course! Yesterday and today, on Sunday my ears were still in clinical mode from the Messe. It sounds great- flows right through, which is a trip considering the variety. Man, mp3's suck serious shit, and the CD's mastered well, because the pieces that were posted earlier sound far better than they did as mp3s. Lessee...I really like Vlad and John's pieces, b3guy's singer is really good...lots of good stuff. Did a double-take on "Macarena"; even if you know it's there, it's still such a psychedelic choice, great!

Now that I think about it, there isn't any "obvious" cover choice on the CD.

If you think about the huge range of characters, backgrounds, experience, gear, and all, among a bunch a far-flung people who are mostly complete strangers (technically speaking), then listen to the CD, you'll be taken aback. It really makes you scoff at the idea that there's no talent around these days.

There's plenty of electronics on the album, but I didn't notice any listen to it, it all just sounded like music. :)

-CB

Archived