Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Monty Python?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dan South:

Has anyone seen "12 Monkeys"? Another brilliant film by Terry Gilliam. Not a comedy, though. It's rather dark.

YES! I love this film! I have it on DVD. I never get tired of it. Bruce Willis is great in it and so is everyone else. Brad Pitt's character is sort of funny. What a cool concept for this film. Trippy.

I didn't like the Vegas movie with Johnny Depp though. Not as much. The Fisher King and Brazil was great. Oh, I know it's not Gilliam but speaking of Jeff Bridges...the Big Lebowski!!!!!!!! Anyone?

Well, that about wraps 'er up. That about does 'er.

Originally posted by Bigglesworth:

Originally posted by Dan South:

Has anyone seen "12 Monkeys"? Another brilliant film by Terry Gilliam. Not a comedy, though. It's rather dark.

YES! I love this film! I have it on DVD. I never get tired of it. Bruce Willis is great in it and so is everyone else. Brad Pitt's character is sort of funny. What a cool concept for this film. Trippy.

I didn't like the Vegas movie with Johnny Depp though. Not as much. The Fisher King and Brazil was great. Oh, I know it's not Gilliam but speaking of Jeff Bridges...the Big Lebowski!!!!!!!! Anyone?

Well, that about wraps 'er up. That about does 'er.

12 Monkeys! Fantastic movie. Funny, I didn't even notice that it was a Terry Gilliam movie though I did notice the stylistic relation to Brazil. I loved Baron Munchausen, but I remember the ninteeth- century illustrations from when I was a kid and the movie was very visually faithful to them, so it was childhood fantasy brought to life.

-CB

The Cheese Shop. "It's a bit runny...."

String (from the Contractual Obligation LP). "It's waterproof."

"No it isn't."

"Then it's water resistant."

"No it isn't."

Then it's water absorbant. Try our new water-absorbant stringettes...."

I Like Chinese. "I like Chinese food / The waiters never are rude..."

The Argument. "I told you once...." Not to mention: "Shut your festering gob, you tit....you malodorous, vaccuous pervert!"

I laughed until I stopped.

Archived