Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Display messages newest first?

Is there a way to change the display of message in this forum so that newest messages are at the top of the list, oldest messages at the bottom? Then I wouldn't have to do so much scrolling. Some of the threads are getting very long, it takes a long time to load them. Also, if this were done, it would be better to just display a page full of messages while the rest of them are loading, instead of waiting until the whole thread is loaded before it gets displayed which is the way it works now. When the thread is large, it takes a long time to load, and you just have to sit there and wait.

What do you think?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's good as it is.

Otherwise you will read the reply before you read what it's referring to.

I don't know any site that has it the other way around.

------------------

--Smedis,--

Originally posted by smedis:

I think it's good as it is.

Otherwise you will read the reply before you read what it's referring to.

I don't know any site that has it the other way around.

I think the ideal thing would be to make this part of the user preferences, then you could set up which ever way suits your fancy.

I think the problem is just that the server (or maybe this particular message code) runs rather slow. I'm on a superfast connection and I do have to wait for over five seconds many times when going between pages. It usually has little to do with the amount of posts on the page, though - even if I hit reply, and then hit back I have to sit and wait. But it's not too bad. If it gets worse, I'll probably just contact Rob Kudyba (I think I spelled that wrong).

Archived