Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

digital piano reviews

scttleclaw

Where can I find a review of digital pianos? I'm interested in purchasing the Korg CI 9600, the Roland KR 577, or the Yamaha Clavinova for my piano studio and will eventually get four keyboards in the future for ensemble playing. If anyone has had any experience with these machines in this setting, I'd sure appreciate a response. I realize that the best way to go is to piece meal a system together, but I just don't have the time. A 13 month old doesn't care to hear mom practice or watch her read the manuals http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks!

Cheri

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheri: unfortunately there's this weird schism between Digital pianos of that type and the type that people on this forum know about. Basically it boils down to the fact that the kind you're talking about, which are often referred to as "Home Pianos", aren't sold in the stores we go to.. they are generally sold in real Piano stores.

That being said, I do know a bit about those models: The Korg 9600 has a really fabulous piano action. It's one of the best there are. My understanding is that from the specs it should be a good unit, but other Korg pianos vary wildly in their audio quality. The most standard brands are Roland and Kurzweil, both of which have had sustained success in this market for at least the past decade. The clavinovas are a world of their own, probably the originators of the whole market.

Anyhow, there is a small review in the Music Technology Buyer's Guide (which I just received today LOL) but you're probably better off going to the newsstand and picking up a piano buyer's guide magazine, which will likely have more information. I haven't been to a newsstand in some time, so I can't even remember the titles of those mags except that they have Piano in them. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

you're probably better off going to the newsstand and picking up a piano buyer's guide magazine, which will likely have more information. I haven't been to a newsstand in some time, so I can't even remember the titles of those mags except that they have Piano in them.

Digital Piano Buyer's Guide, if memory serves.

It should be available at any Piano and Organ store.

Another place to check is the Music Player Network's own Music and Technology Buyer's Guide section.

Hope that helps,

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived