Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is there a Piano/Keyboard "tab" site like for guitar?

LiveMusic

This might be a dumb question but I'm wondering if there are sites where they have piano/keyboard music like guitarists have with their tab sites. I'm learning piano again. Bought some music books but heck, this will cost a fortune continuing to buy music. Eventually, I can improvise and do my own thing but I'm not there yet and it'll be awhile.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there isn't much sheet music on the web at all. Kinda sucks considering the massive amount of guitar tabs. Anyway the only place I found any was oddrealm.com, and there wasn't much to talk about there.

As long as you buy the right music books, you will get your moneys worth out of them. "The Billy Joel Keyboard Book: Authentic transcriptions", is an steal at 15 bucks. I'm an average player and there are easy and challenging tunes in there that sound excellent, none of that "one note melody" crap. "Elton John Keyboard Book" is very thorough as well, and is another great book for 15 bucks. And for something a little different try "Ragtime Jubilee:42 Gems...", 12 bucks for some cool ragtime songs. Some are kinda difficult, but they sound good when you finally get them down.

Anyway thought I'd share those with you cause they are definately worth the money. Anybody else have any really good sheet music books?

A Bob Seger book would be nice. Or maybe a variety book of rock n roll.

I'm especially interested in boogie-woogie, honky tonk, rockabilly type music. Preferably pieces that aren't that hard to play.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

This might be a dumb question but I'm wondering if there are sites where they have piano/keyboard music like guitarists have with their tab sites. I'm learning piano again. Bought some music books but heck, this will cost a fortune continuing to buy music. Eventually, I can improvise and do my own thing but I'm not there yet and it'll be awhile.

For me the best way to find sheet music on the web is to do something a little different. I search the web for good midi files. I've actually found some decent rag time piano stuff, as well as some original material which I thought was interesting. I load in CW and print out the notation. A bit of a pain sometimes, since cakewalk notation is far from perfect, but if I spend some time fixing it up it comes out OK. Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper than to keep buying books. Plus it's great for practice since you can listen to it.

There's a LOT of crappy midi files hanging around the web, but you'd be surprised at what you can find.

Rod

Archived