Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Giga Stuff

Tune Smith

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you can get some good info and help there. I'm a member there for quite a long time, but haven't posted that much though. I do question their way of moderating the forums though. I like the way it's moderated here a lot better.

One example would be that one time when someone stumbled upon a samplelibrary that was being sold by an associate of a moderator. The samples were so much like a more expensive library that it was phasing, almost cancelling each other...obviously an illegal copy that they redistributed for way cheaper. It was funny how the people who discovered this were maligned and threatened, even by one of the moderators. After the culprit admitted to "getting the samples from someone else from the internet" or some horseshit like that, they closed the thread and not a single thank you to the people who stumbled on this thing.

Something like that http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif ....it's been quite a while. It's probably better now with more users and all. Good source for help sometimes.

Raul

Raul

An article on running (or trying to run) GIGAsampler and CUBASE 5 on the same (Windows 2000 Dual Processor, I think) computer appears at

www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/mar01/articles/pcnotes.htm

It's neat that the gurus have the same problems we do . . .

I'm very sad to hear that 'respected'(?) members of the audio community would do such a thing . . . I realize we can't take one person's word for it, but if it had been my work being plagiarized (as though I have anything worth being plagiarized - more likely it would be vandalized), I would hope somebody like you could contact me and promote integrity among their associates . . .

Archived