Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, I bought that Roland S330 sampler..

hiraga

.. it came with a hundred floppies, a second discdrive, two colour monitors, all the original Roland sound discs, the mouse and manual. It looks like new, and the seller was the only owner.. all for 100UK£.

Pretty great deal, I think. It sounds damn nice too! Chrunchy thing, hefty filters..

But, what I didn't get is a software sequencer called 'Director-S'. I can't find it at Rolands site (it's a Roland product), nor anywhere on the net.

Does anyone have a copy??? Or know where I can find it?

Thanx!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhere, amongst lost misplaced disks and misfiled manuals I have the software, the manual and the dongle.

Why would you ever want to use Director S if you have a computer? I used to use it 'live'. Even for 'live' playback you needed a monitor to avoid screwups.

I'm not going to get it for you. Too much time looking through all my piles of obsolete junk. Use your computer for sequencing. Believe me, it's much better.

Joe

Huh?

Computers are fine for sending emails, or people to the Moon.. but audio/MIDI??.. forget it. I hate computers with a passion. It's without doubt the worst engineered human invention ever..

I wanted Director-S 'cause (as far as I know it) it runs on the S-330, so no need for a computer..

Yeah, it might be an ol' obsolete sampler, but it's got a sound like no other sampler. I could have picked any maxed out Akai, Emu whatever. Don't need that. I need the sound of the S-330.. LA-2As where going for 100$ in the 80's 'cause they're also old junk. Now they go for four grand. Don't have to mention the 303/808/909 do I?

Got the monitors, as I said above..

And I got myself a hardware seq.. so thanx for nothing!

Yeah, Roland is a bitch..

Thanx for the help, Wormhole! I apriciate it.. I allready checked there.. did a google, and it came up. Didn't find it though..

I think I'll stick to my hardware seq.. I just found the idea novel.

hiraga,

If you got a hardware sequencer you're way ahead of Director S. When I got my MC-500 I thought that was bliss compared to Director S. The MC-500 MKII, ecstasy. I have an S-550 and there are still some old Roland samples on floppy discs that are excellent, especially the strings.

Thanks for nothin?

You're welcome!

Joe

Thanks for nothin?

You're welcome!

I agree, Joe. Hiraga - you shoulda been amazed to actually find someone else who used that old piece and had enough experience to tell you that it's not worth your time. Anyways, have fun with your floppies. I hope you've got the most recent OS.. I remember using an S550 long ago and the OS had never been upgraded.. that stunk.

Uhmmm.. does that mean, that if I ask what tube I need for my 1947 U47, I won't get an answer, 'cause it's old obsolete crap? (I allready know - don't bother..)

There's NO sampler that sounds like the S-330 and NO sampler that sounds like SP1200, and so on.. so YEAH, it IS worth MY money..

The latest hi-rez stuff like the S6000 sucks more than I care - talk about bad OS. I know, I got it as well. And it sounds piss poor as well..

I think that was my first post at Dave's forum, so you don't know squat about 'what's worth my time', dude..

Christ, all this I-gotta-have-the-latest-gizmo, is for kids, not proffesional people..

Rant over..

Some nice folks here did send me Director-S, and granted it's not really cooking. Got the last OS as well, thanx!

I'll stick to my MPC3000 for seq'ing..

(Ohh, does the MPC60 suck as well? It's pretty old'n'dusty by now..)

Archived