Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Extending Computer Monitor Cable

lahatte

I am curious about what some studio owners may be using to get their computer monitor a long distance away from the computer. I use a 25 foot VGA cable, which seems a decent quality, but I get slight ghosting on the screen. Do you guys know of any "repeater" for vga video signal that will allow my monitor to be located away from the computer and still give me a sharp image, even at high display resolutions?

Also, related to signal distance, what about something that allows a SCSI connection longer than 18 feet. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Clay.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume you are referring to keeping your monitor at a distance to eliminate the noise factor. I am using an Aarvark LX6. I have my breakout box SETTING NEXT TO my monitor with absolutely no noise at all!!! The Aarvark is extremely shielded. I recommend it highly!!!

Try belkin

www.belkin.com (sells thru distributors)

or

www.blackbox.com (sells direct)

I found a VGA 'booster' when checking their site. p/n AC074A

let me know if you have trouble finding it. They claim at 1024 x 768 res, you can go 500 feet.

I used to this at my previous job... I dont remember seeing problems with cable lengths of up to 25 feet without using a booster. But then again they weren't high res images either.

We used to buy a lot from black box, never had a problem with any of their stuff. they may have something on a SCSI repeater, but I've never heard of one.

Rod

Archived