Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sound Quest Librarian, two questions

When reloading sounds from the Librarian program back into the Dx7II, all the sounds seem intact with names etc. However when auditioning them, some, not all, have been altered. It's almost like some controlling or performnace data has gone missing. Any ideas? Also, I can't get the Roland A-880 to sysex into the program. I am aware of the early models that were unable to sysex, but mine is the later version and it should work. I have tried changing midi channels, control numbers with no luck. Any suggestions to the two questions would be appreciated. Thanks in Advnace

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a yahoo-group specially for sound quest. Questions are answered often by a company representative. It's a good resource. Try that in case no one here knows. I'm planning on buying the program and have subscribed to the list. If you need more info let me know.

Rod

Originally posted by Tony G:

When reloading sounds from the Librarian program back into the Dx7II, all the sounds seem intact with names etc. However when auditioning them, some, not all, have been altered. It's almost like some controlling or performnace data has gone missing. Any ideas?

I noticed almost the same problem with Midi Quest several years ago, with M1 patches. I started to notice little anomolies. Finally I did a simple little test: I sent a bank of patches from the M1 into MidiQuest, and saved it. Then I sent that bank straight back to the M1. Then I loaded the bank back into Midi Quest, and saved it again, with a different filename. Then a ran a 'compare' utility on the two banks. They should be exactly the same, right? Nope.

I emailed Midi Quest about it, told them about the problem, but they didn't seem to care, they never fixed it and never answered my complaints. I gave up on Midi Quest then and there, and it sounds like they still have problems. I mean if they haven't figured out how to deal with a DX7 by now, then I think you can assume it ain't never gonna happen.

Yet somehow they've stayed in business all these years, maybe it's just me.

Archived