Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who Has Best Technical Support?

humannoyed

With all the posts of people asking for advice on the best synth, I'll bet these same folks would like to know who has better tech support in case they need it. There are several brands I've never owned like Emu, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, so I can't comment on them. From the brands I HAVE owned, I would have to vote for Yamaha as having the best tech support. Of course for general operational help the users groups are a blessing! Any of you folks contemplating getting a deep synth and have little or no synth programming skills (or even a lot), do yourself a favor an join one of these groups. They are a community of people from all over the world and are most of the folks are so helpful!

hum

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by humannoyed:

With all the posts of people asking for advice on the best synth, I'll bet these same folks would like to know who has better tech support in case they need it.

In my experience, I had good support from Roland. They've had manuals for older used gear I've bought, and I've always been able to get repairs and upgrades.

I've had various Yamaha synths, and they've never needed anything done to them, so I guess that's a pretty good track record!

Actually, come to think of it, I've never really had *bad* support experiences, I suppose because I'm fussy about taking good care of my gear.

Archived