Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RedSound Darkstar/Vocoda - any opinions?

bombastique

I'm considering getting one of these if the vocoder is of decent quality - any opinions on this, specifically comparing it against the Prosoniq Orange Vocoder Plug-in or the Digitech Talker...

Also - how are the actual synth sounds of this unit?

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure that when you get the vocoder option for the Darkstar, the synth is unavailable or disabled. In other words, when you get the vocoder option, you've no longer got the synth... it's an either/or thing. It either function as a synth or vocoder, but not both. Be sure to verify this with RedSound (or a dealer you can count on), but I am certain I read this in a forum somewhere. As far as the sounds go, I heard some online in MP3 form, and although I didn't think it was quite up to Access Virus or Novation Nova standards (the two closest units in basic function/price I could think of... although they are both over twice as much as the Darkstar), it definitely sounded better than half as good, which puts it ahead in the getting-what-you-pay-for-department.

I hope you can find someone who has actually used the unit to give you a much better answer. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Archived