Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need specific keyboaard

Gaidin

I'm looking for a keyboard below the price of 5000 dollars, capable of recording and replaying MIDI files. I've heard of the Yamaha s80, but although it sounds good, it says it doesn't have multiple MIDI inputs. Does that mean it can't record of play MIDI at all?

If not that, then what would do? preferably something that could emulate a drum as well.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, and "workstation," or just about any synth with a sequencer can receive .MIDs and auto load them into the onboard sequencer. You just have to make sure that there's enough memory to handle the size of the file.

Or am I missing something here?

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Hello Gaidin,

For 5 grands, you have a lot of choice here ! I would suggest you go for the Triton workstation series.(your choice on the key action: 60 synth keys; 76 synth keys and the 88 piano style keys). It has all the things you need: Professional level sequencer that can record and play back Standard MIDI Files to your heart content; Have large sound pallette/library under your fingertips, did you said drum ? Welcome to the Tri-world! Also have the best FX in the workstation market and a nice set of sampling ultility which you can add your own sounds/waveform if desired and blah blah blah the list goes on... As for the cost, it is also possible to get a 88 keys version in about 3 grands ! and it is even cheaper for the other version too!

Now ... I've helped you by saving as much as 2 big grands. Would you please get me a Triton Rack as your gratitude ? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gif

j/k !

Keyman

This message has been edited by Keyman on 02-15-2001 at 08:50 PM

Hooked on Keys...

Archived