Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is Kurzweil PC2x same keybed as SP-88x?

Do the Kurzweil PC2x and SP-88x have exactly the same keybed? They are both 88-key weighted action keyboards, both from Kurzweil. Reason I ask is that the only Kurzweil dealer left in Toronto won't import a PC2x for me to audition (says its too expensive for him to do that). He has a PC2 there, which I've tried, but I want to try a PC2x. He says he has an SP88x there, which according to him has exactly the same keybed as the PC2x, so that if I midi them up and play the SP88x, it will be exactly the same as if I were playing the PC2x.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/confused.gif Anyone know if this is true?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they're not exactly the same. The PC2X has aftertouch, the SP88X does not. They will feel slightly different.

------------------

Mike Martin

Kurzrep@aol.com

Kurzweil Music Systems

www.kurzweilconnection.com

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Originally posted by Mike Martin:

No, they're not exactly the same. The PC2X has aftertouch, the SP88X does not. They will feel slightly different.

Hmmm. Too bad. It seems there's something strange going on between Kurzweil Canada and the retailers here in Toronto. The two main stores, Steve's and Long & McQuade, both used to be Kurzweil dealers, but they've both stopped selling Kurzweil. It's a shame.

I've been trying to decide between an S80 and a PC2x. I like the user interface and overall design of the PC2x a lot better, but I've got to be able to play the instrument before I plunk down that kind of money (they're super expensive here in Canada)

The difference is quite subtle, but I understand your desire to play the PC2 before considering a purchase. I'm not certain what is going out our distribution in Canada. I'll see what I can find out.

Take Care,

Mike

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived