Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The new Roland RS keyboards????

cidnbnet.nb.ca

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cid@nbnet.nb.ca:

My QS7 just seems to be sounding a little stale.

Got any QCards? They can do wonders to freshen up a QS synth. VIntage Synths QCards is a bunch of fun. Vintage Keys is, too...

There's also a really interesting Qcard called Film Score that Alesis has in the bag. It was finished last spring - don't know when they're gonna release it, but it is quite interesting, extremely unique, very hard to describe, and definitely worth owning.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Looks to me that the most attractive thing about these boards right now is that it's a low cost way to get into some of the XV soundsets. There's only 256 preset patches, which makes me think that they did a broad selection of bread & butter sounds from the JV & XV series. The other 256 sounds are GM & GM2. I haven't physically seen or heard the boards yet, but from the looks of it, the UI may be tough to navigate & you may not have a wide variety of choices (ie, you better like these 3 pianos, or you're SOL).

If you want to expand your sound palette, you may be better served by picking up a used JV 1080 for about $500. I have the Alesis QS 6.1, which I use as a controller, and the 1080, which has fantastic sounds. Both units are quite expandable.

Archived