Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AN1x OS ROM Version

Sharon

Hi people...

Peter Korsten, an avid and knowledgeable

user of Yamaha instruments, was good

enough to pass on the following procedure to

determine the OS ROM version of our

AN1x.

1.Keep the '0', '-', and '+' buttons

pressed while you power on the AN1x.

2.After the little animation (you *still*

have to keep those buttons pressed) it

will display the OS version and then

go into Test Mode.

3.Test mode is pretty funny, BTW. Test

*all* of your keys, knobs, buttons,

controllers and lights.

Word has it that v1.03 and v1.04 of the OS exists but

no one seems quite certain what 'bugs' this

revision corrects?!

Well i did the test and my AN1x is v1.01

If anyone - anywhere - has any insight as to what

benefits v1.03 and v1.04 provides please let me know.

and if you olso have the OS ROM files for me that will be great.

IF any can give me a few tip for making my original sound that will be nice....i need to know more or less what some parameters do to sound..

and the AN1x is sound great but its very hard to program with this synth if you new to analog or virtual analog synth's ... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

thanks,

by the way i love this forum very much

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharon:

I have the An1x as well, and love it. The resource I find most useful is the former Egroups list (now a part of Yahoo) at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AN1x-list

Your question about ROM versions has been raised before, and I have heard conflicting answers. As to sounds, there are quite a number of user contributed sounds (including my own) for download at the AN1X list, as well as some tips and tricks in the links. My personal favorite is to use AN1x Genetix software. (see the bookmarks page) Quite simply, if you pick a couple of your favorite patches, it will create a bank of random sounds at various morph intervals between the sounds you selected. This has helped me explore the synth architecture, and at least a third of the sounds it creates are decent (unlike most randomizers). The only trick when using AN1x Genetix, is to reprogram the EFX to your taste. For some reason the program goes nuts with EFX.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

www.tuskerfort.com

You really need to just initialize a patch 130 enter and start with a NORMAL setting, now start to twiddle the knobs while looking at what your turning, this is the best way to learn what the parameters do. AN1x edit software is handy for loading downloaded patches, but I find it alot easier to program it with my hands. Its very very very easy to program, I think its one of the easiest. Notice how the buttons colors match up with the differant areas on the knob pannel. I have had my AN1x since early '98 and still gets tons of use out of it. You'll get the hang of it...Trust me, ive had people tell me that I should write a new manual and provide an example cd-rom with it....It is possible to make it sound like an entire song with just the AN1x. You really need to push the envelope though....

no time for spell checking..bye.

Archived