Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard mag and Korg CX-3...

analogman1

Has anyone read the latest issue, in which they reviewed the new Korg CX-3?? Several times the "reviewer" mentioned that things like "key-off" click and "tone wheel leakage", which seemed to be new things to him. The Roland VK-7 has been doing this, as well as several other wannabees. I've noticed this trend in several of their reviews recently.

I still think Keyboard Mag is #1; I just wish they would get their facts straight.

Tom

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they mentioned that most current simulators/emulators DO include key-on click, but that the new Korg is unique in including Key-Off click. I can't remember, but didn't they say specifically that the VKs DON'T include this added nuance/idiosyncracy?

I'd like to know how this got to be a key buy, by (buy) the way... I'm not a keyboard guru.... far from it, though I love piano . . . it seems very overpriced, and on the Yamaha 9000 Pro thread, David Bryce et al mentioned how Yamaha seems to be producing an organ simulator of their own (because they included sets like tone-wheel models in the 9000 pro sound banks) . . . every time I get psyched about buying something like this, someone on the forum reminds me that the NEXT NEXT NEXT generation of units is already on its way into the marketplace.

Oh well, not only has David and others dispelled some of my ignorance, they have invited me to save my money . . . something no retailer would ever do, that's for sure....

Archived