Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ace Tone GT-7

B3-Keys

I have recently acquired one of these Hammond clones from 1973. I was wondering if there are any other owners out there. Is there a source for parts and schemat data. Ace Tone became Roland sometime in the seventies, I beleive. Any information would be most appreciated.

------------------

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by B3-Keys:

Ace Tone became Roland sometime in the seventies, I beleive.

That is my understanding as well - I knew they made amplifiers (I had one!), but I didn't know that they made an organ clone.

Please tell us about it!!! How's it sound? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

The GT-7 is a dual manual organ with an octave of foot pedals. There is a set of drawbars for each keyboard. The percusion options are more extensive than you will find on a hammond. There is a six pin leslie connection. The sound is very much like a Hammond B3.

Ace Tone also made a series of combo organs in the sixties that sounded like a Farfisa or Vox. My first combo organ in 1967 was an Ace Tone Top 8.

I know where there are 2 0f these. One is for sale for sure. The Other one I can find out about. The one for sale might have all the literature with it. Call Robert M Sides Music in Williamsport, PA 570-326-9450 and ask for Chris Bovard. He would know all about it. That organ is immaculate if they still have it. Also, they have a very nice old Hammond Porta B.

Originally posted by b3wiz@hotmail.com:

I know where there are 2 0f these. One is for sale for sure. The Other one I can find out about. The one for sale might have all the literature with it. Call Robert M Sides Music in Williamsport, PA 570-326-9450 and ask for Chris Bovard. He would know all about it. That organ is immaculate if they still have it. Also, they have a very nice old Hammond Porta B.

Thank you, I will give them a call.

Archived