Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

keyboardists spend too much

sbrock1san.rr.com

Originally posted by rockstar:

hey,

I have got to agree with you! For a nice keyboard, you have to spend thousands of dollars! Right now I'm trying to look for a nice keyboard that won't leave me broke, and I'm having a really hard time. If anyone has suggestions or advice, that would be nice!

But anyways, yeah, you're right. Just to say you have the best keyboard in the neighbourhood, you have to spend way too much moolah!

Yeah, I have a suggestion. Do some RESEARCH! Go to several music stores - not just one or two - and spend some time playing different models from different manufacturers in various price ranges. Pay particular attention to the SOUND of each unit. Bells and whistles are fun to talk about, but it's better to buy a synth whose sound appeals to you than one with a zillion esoteric features. Keep in mind that instruments from different manufacturers can have very different sounds. Also, it's probably best to avoid special niche instruments like the nord lead, supernova, or other analog modeling synths if this is going to be your only instrument for a while. Consider something that can make a wide variety of sounds and still do most of them well.

Check out each model on the manufacturer's web site for additional information. When you narrow your field down to 4 to 8 units, discuss them on this site and see what people's experiences have been with each (easy to use, reliable, pain in the neck, etc...)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived