Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Native Inst. B4 with MAS?

On the MOTU site, I saw a blurb announcing B4 for MAS... but when I clicked the link, NI's page referred only to VST. Is anyone using B4 with Digital Performer and MAS? If so, how? I love the sound of this software and will buy it in a heartbeat if it works with DP....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doh! Never mind. This morning I found the blurb on Native Instruments' site abbouncing that all NI products will be shipping with MAS support, and that B4 is already good to go. Whoo hoo!

Nr. Mod, if you'd like to delete this thread, please do...

That blurb on the website is a little misleading. Since Pro-52 is actually a Steinberg product (although it sure looks like an NI product on their website, and is treated as such), it will NOT have MAS support. I found this to be rather annoying. I'm running it with DP under VSTwrapper, and it works, but I find that statement to be rather annoying.

Jonathan

Craig Anderton's review of the Pro-52 in this month's EQ indicates that the software is made by NI but distributed by Steinberg. If that's the case, I would expect Pro-52 to follow NI's development strategy. Craig, do you know the story on this?

Jim Bordner

(formerly Gravity Jim

Jim Bordner

Gravity Music

"Tunes so heavy, there

oughta be a law."

I had heard directly from NI that they weren't planning on supporting MAS in Pro 52 because it was a Steinberg product. Hopefully, that stance will change. I can't imagine that it would hurt sales of Cubase, since users of DP can run Pro 52 under VST or Pluggo, so it's not like anyone would switch over to Cubase, _just_ so they could run Pro 52 (I can't imgaine any reason why anyone would switch from DP to Cubase, but that's a topic for another discussion).

Jonathan

Archived