Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg N1

Hello All

My eleven year old son is getting ready to start taking piano lessons and I wanted to get him a good keyboard to practice on. I have found a Korg N1 at a good price and would like to get an opinion and see if it will be a good start for him. We are novices so be gentle with the comments.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by elliot13@net-magic.net:

Hello All

My eleven year old son is getting ready to start taking piano lessons and I wanted to get him a good keyboard to practice on. I have found a Korg N1 at a good price and would like to get an opinion and see if it will be a good start for him. We are novices so be gentle with the comments.

Did you try the Yamaha S80? It's a much better value for $100 less MSRP...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by elliot13@net-magic.net:

What about the difference in the Roland A90 and Yamaha S80?

Is it worth the 100.00?

Specwise, they're not even close - the S80 completely slays the A90. In the end, it'll be up to your hands and ears the most, though...trust them - they're the ones that'll have to live with your choice.

The Alesis QS8.1 is also in the same price range, but once again, the Yamaha wipes it out spec-wise.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I have both the S80 and the Roland A70 with the VE-GS Pro sound card. This sound card is the most expanded of the those available for the A90 and A70. I think there is no comparison to the sounds on the S80 not to mention programmability (1 ADSR?!!)and expandability. The S80 is in a different class. Get the S80!

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

elliot13,

You may want to check out a Kurzweil K2500x. Very awsome keyboard with a very nice feel and they are dumping them because they are stealing sales from the K2600. I just bought one for $1995 locally in Louisville. It feels much better than the Yamaha S80. Just my opinion.

Archived