Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Midi with a drum machine and keyboard

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say that you are trying to MIDI these two units, do you mean that you want the sequencer in the XP80 to control the tempo of the drum machine? Although I don't know the DR660 very well, I would assume that should just be a matter of setting it to accept an external clock signal via MIDI.

Any Roland afficionados wanna dive in on this one?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

When you say that you are trying to MIDI these two units, do you mean that you want the sequencer in the XP80 to control the tempo of the drum machine? Although I don't know the DR660 very well, I would assume that should just be a matter of setting it to accept an external clock signal via MIDI.

Any Roland afficionados wanna dive in on this one?

dB

Yes that is exactly trying to do. THanks for replying. Do you know any one who can help me.

Originally posted by wizalt@hotmail.com:

Yes that is exactly trying to do. THanks for replying. Do you know any one who can help me.

Yep. The manual, and/or Roland tech support. Take advantage of those guys - they get paid to sit around and wait for you to call them!

Look in the DR-660 manual...check the table of contents and index in the back for info on clock, specifically external clock. I'm guessing that would be pretty much all that you'd need to do, except for making sure that you've got the right pattern/song cued up on the 660 before you start the XP.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived