Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I Want To Make My Own Cables....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a Godawfully ugly avatar. Anywho, I once met a man in Texas that said he was going to start his own cable company. He said something about friends in China (rich family), and that they would make cheap (not cheaply made) cables for computers. Now if you have the technology for this, then you have the technology for instrument cables. My advice to you: Get some friends in China. I wish I had some other useful or intelligible information for you, but I don't. So sorry.

I once made a bunch of cables. Got a 100 ft roll from [url=http://bwcecom.belden.com/]Belden[/url] , which cost like $20.00 back then and bought a bunch of connectors from Radio Shack and soldered em up. They still work. Somebody at Belden can tell you what kind of cable you need for audio work. I think they are still the big name in that type product. Beatheavy: That IS one freaky avatar. It didn't really hit me the first time I saw it, but when I clicked on this thread I was laughing.

I bought a 100' foot roll of really high quality, low capacitance Mogami cable from Markertek a couple of years back for about $85.00. Also got a bunch of Neutrik 1/4" plugs. Now whenever I need a cable, I just make one. It's very cost-effective.
"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

IMHO George L's make the best-sounding guitar cable. The Mogami is a lot tougher though and doesn't get all tangled up. Also doesn't use those annoying solderless connectors like GL's. Mogami is almost as good for less $$.
"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Archived