Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Anyone into the Americas Cup?

Just had to ask. I'm a HUGE fan of the Cup. I've been watching the races since '87 when Connors won the Cup back from the Aussies in Freemantle. I was born and raised in San Diego and learned how to sail when I was a kid, mostly catamarans, but occasionally some big boats. Here in San Diego sailing is so easy with San Diego Bay and Mission Bay just minutes away. I think this plays a big part as to why I love big-boat racing. I know that some of you will say that the Americas Cup is an obscure sport only for the elite rich, but it IS the pinnacle of big-boat match racing. Sure, a syndicate needs millions and millions of dollars to compete, but that is what it is all about - state of the art technology combined with the top sailors from all over the world. Last nights races had One World challenge against Oracle challenge...what a great race!!! Unfortunately they had to stop the race due to lack of wind 1/2 way through the race. I can't express enough my passion and enthusiasm for Americas Cup racing. Hopefully this years Challenger series (The Louis Vuitton Cup, or LVC) will be competitive. Last years challenger winner Prada is not looking so good and not living up to their hype. Team Dennis Connor is looking Ok, their current boat doesnt look extremely fast but their new boat is scheduled to start racing soon. So far One World and Oracle look to be the fastest boats on the water. If anyone is interested, the LVC is being televised on Outdoor Life Network (OLN) and they are doing a great job. Just thought Id share some OT fun stuff with the forum. the new and improve: 'married' ikestr
...hertz down low....

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived