Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FX Processor

I got about $1000 to spend on an fx processor (maybe a bit more if its worth it) Ive already looked into lexicon and tc electronics and didnt really find anything that jumped out at me. Mostly its going to be used to add reverb/delay to the mix to give it space but for the most part anything wacky isnt going to be used. Maybe a little flanger or chorus here or there but not much else (Its acoustic rock like Dave Matthews) Anything out there? I was looking at the TC M2000 which looked nice and people said it has a nice reverb on it. Anything else out there?

Dave

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The M2000 has my vote. I think TC Electronics makes great souding, super flexible, well interfaced boxes. Lexicon isn't bad, but I like TC a whole lot more myself.

-Danny

------------------

Of all the things that I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

I have a M2000 and a M One.Undeniabley,the M2000's interface,access to parameters and the fact that you can change preset in one engine without

reload and interruption in the other engine via midi(real dual mainframe i guess)

makes it a unit with a professional vibe.

On the other end,and i know i'm gonna get in trouble for writing this,i like the

sound of M One better.More open and natural are the words that come to mind.

M 2000 seems...........thicker?.with more attitude(which is great too BTW).

You are going to have to A/B them side by side like i did.

Also,you can get two M Ones for the price of one M2000.

Let us know .....

Renzo Mantovani

Reverb is so personal...and with today's boxes, it can take you forever to figure out which parameters work best with which type of source material.

That said, different reverbs use different algorithms, so they tend to have characteristic "sounds." For example, it was always pretty easy to recognize a Lexicon reverb. So in a way, we're in the Strat/Les Paul situation -- both fine guitars, both responsible for powering a number of hit records, yet both defended passionately by their respective supporters.

Then again, I've had good results by running cheapo reverbs in parallel...something about mixing algorithms sometimes leads to magic.

magic is a good word for it imho,craig.i'm just a mono surf guitar guy but i run one guitar line into 2 reverbs@once,in parallel for a lusciousness that abounds...one is the for that sheen and the other is a for that rodent tube,analog thang and it worx great.~one guitar~one amp~one speaker~one world~
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

If you can, run several examples of the sorts of things that you would run use reverb on through a couple of the FX processors you are considering (maybe burn a CD or DAT of a few things and bring it over to the store?). I personally also like to run acoustic guitar through reverb -- the complexity of the plucked/picked/strummed notes on an acoustic guitar seem to sometimes create unnatural "splashes" on some reverbs. 'Course, that said, I've got nothing but cheap reverbs since I operate in BudgetLand...

------------------

Ken/Eleven Shadows/d i t h er/nectar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music*travel photos*tibet*lots of stuff

"Sangsara" "Irian Jaya" & d i t h er CDs available!

http://www.elevenshadows.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archived