Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If I had an avatar...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by BKeelan: [b]just for the historian's in this forum: that was/is ginger baker's daughter. bob[/b][/quote]I wonder if she grew up to be a topless waitress on Hugh Hefner's Playboy 727 plane? All indications would prove correct. ;)
In two days, it won't matter.

[quote]Originally posted by Hippie: [b]That's one record I have to keep 'face down' around the kids; That may be a bit hard to explain. The other one is Roxy Music's, 'Country Life'. :eek: :D [/b][/quote]What needs explaining? It's a nude body -pretty self-explainitory. Still, I've always wondered HOW they managed to get that album cover? How'd it get past the censors? How'd it get onto the record store shelves? Could anyone under 18 purchase it? The girl can't be over about 13 or 14, how'd THAT ever fly? And, HOW do you find a girl that age -neck deep in adolescent "body image" issues- and willing to pose nude for an album cover by established sucessful artists??? I've NEVER understood that...

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

"just for the historian's in this forum: that was/is ginger baker's daughter." Thank you. I was just about to ask if anyone knew who she is or what she was doing these days. I've long been a fan of 'where are they now' type stuff.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Ginger was always way ahead of his time... seeing him perform with Cream in african regalia... What strikes me is that this image really directly addresses the US Supreme Court decision on censorship, in the case of James Joyce's book Ulysses. The idea was, it's prurience, not nudity, that makes obscenity. I personally find nothing at all prurient about the picture of Ginger's daughter. It's really strikingly nonsexual. I mean you see plenty of pictures (and real life) six year old girls striking sexy come-hither poses, mostly clothed, when you can keep the clothes on them, but Ginger's daughter looks like her mind is on completely other things, than how she is percieved and her role as a female in our society. The airplane is such a contrast, a sleek artificial modern form, but the girl looks completely timeless and cultureless almost... what is an airplane? What's it for? What are clothes? She's so innocent, it's like she couldn't imagine why anyone would wear them, or object to her not wearing any. Like she never bit the proverbial apple, and there's nothing wrong yet with being naked. Of course our media are flooded with images that are exactly prurient, arousing a kind of impersonal irresponsible lust of the most trifling and uncommitted kind is precisely what is standard in advertising and TV. And showing those few inches of the human anatomy is still the big shocker. All the Calvin Klein ads are also playing fast and loose with this, in a very different way, almost like they're challenging you to be aroused by an unhappy stunted person who is not remotely aroused themselves, but is naked and vulnerable. I much prefer the Blind Faith picture! I also liked the alternative cover with the band all looking like dope-crazed retards- this must have been an answer to whoever required an alternative cover? Which came first?

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived