Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinions on Tama Star Classic set and price

deanmass

A friend has a set for sale, Tama Star Classics. 6 piece + snare (bass, snare/ 3 rides and floor tom.) Iron Cobra pedal, 3 cymbals of various flavors, all names ( Paiste/Ziljdian and K hats.) and a nice seat.

He wants $1000 for the entire rig, rack included.

They are purple, which I am not really digging, but the set looks nice.

Is it a good price?

I am totally a dink around type of drummer, and am just getting it for my own entertainment.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are a few different levels in the Star-Classic line. The "G-maple" is the top, and is exceptional. After recording one of these kits, I bought the G-maple snare. It's incredible. cost me $400 just for the snare, so I don't think you can go wrong for that price! In fact, that sounds like a seriously great deal.

-Just make sure the drums are still round and the bearing edges are good. these are well-made, sturdy drums and you shouldn't have any problems, but still check.

I am thinking it is a great deal as well. The seller is a former student asst. of mine who I know pretty well. He is picky and buys nothing but good stuff, and the drums have never left his basement. The only thing I am not really digging about them is that they are purple-ish (kind of a purple wine color). I am heading to see them tomorrow sometime. I am torn between a 'real' set and a set of the Roland Club V-drums ( the small $1200 rig). The Rolands are way more practical, but I miss beating on something 'live'.

Thanks for the input!

Archived