Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Axis kick pedals?

Allan Speers

Well,

I thought I was happy with my new Iron Cobra double, but now I've decided to go with two sepreate kicks, so i need two singles.

I really want something that can be both a double and two singles, in case I change my mind agaim. The Pearl 2000 is a contender.

So is the Axis-A, but no dealer in my area stocks them. they sure look cool, and are very reasonably priced, vs something like the DW 9000. the 9000 is my hands-down favorite, but it's not convertable.

So, any opinions on the Axis-A? (not the Axis-X) Also, any opinions on their "long board" base? Is that only for full-leg playing, or are there benefits for heel-down as well?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't tell you which models they were because I only tested them in the store on the demo drumsets, but in general, the Axis pedals I've used have been VERY nice. Extremely quick and smooth, good for those fast 16th's you might be looking for on your double bass.

They are on the higher end of the price range, but I'd certainly consider an Axis for myself in the future.

And by the way, I agree, the DW 9000 is a fine machine!

Hope this helps.

Archived