Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Soft/Sampler for Roland TD-7 Kit?

Marzuki Grinage

I want to be able to sequence drum parts without needing to use the TD-7 brain for sounds.

The problem is that many samplers don't play back the hi hat parts (open, closed, foot, and between,) generated by the FD-7 hat pedal.

Is there a good soft/sampler,that will play back

all of the MIDI data from the Roland triggers?

Thanks,

Marzuki.

Marzuki Grinage

Progressive Soul

Free Samples and Downloads

@ http://www.innerphonic.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have a DAW? I'm using an e-drum kit to record a midi track and use IK's Sampletank LE w/ acoustic samples for my Digi 001. Not really comprehensive but its only $99.00. NI's Battery is supposed to be very deep but I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure there are others, maybe somebody else can make more suggestions.
my band: Mission 5

I'm using the cheapest version of Sampletank and it works fine. Its basically just a plug-in on an audio or auxillary track that links to a midi track. There is no real high hat control, just an open, closed, and open/close midi notes.

Here is a link to a topic in the vdrum forum that you might find helpful:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=92ef1bc82a8b23595b464fa71b932472&thre adid=13015

The vdrum forum is the best place for all things e-drum that I've found so far.

my band: Mission 5

Originally posted by Salieri:

Check out this thread on Vdrums.com.

I have a TD-8 and haven't tried to do this yet, but I plan to. Good luck, be sure to let us know how it works out.

EDIT: whoops didn't see that someone had already directed you to vdrums.com. Still, this is a different thread so maybe you will find some useful info anyway...

Archived