Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best drum machine

WaterMan

Knowing there's no replacement for live drums, any opinions as to the best current drum machine? I have a DR 660, but it has a limited number of rock/blues preset rythyms. Is the 770 better? Other recommendations?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WaterMan:

Knowing there's no replacement for live drums, any opinions as to the best current drum machine? I have a DR 660, but it has a limited number of rock/blues preset rythyms. Is the 770 better? Other recommendations?

the Roland TD-8 and TD-10 are the next step - probably the best you can get. And a bit more cash too!! Also, the Clavia Ddrums are very nice, but expensive as well. I just got rid of a TD-8 to get an AKAI S5000 sampler and platinum 24 drum samples, which I think are just a bit better than these drum machines, partly because you avoid the analog outs of the drum machines and stay digital, which preserves the quality of the samples....
The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

Originally posted by Ted Nightshade:

the best drum machine is a dead drum machine. But you knew that.

heh heh... I just knew someone would say that. But I figured it would have been Lee Flier. :D

I think you are going to be hard pressed to top Roland.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived