Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

serious question...

schmee

not intended to be spam here:

i'm experimenting with techniques for producing psychadelic textures, and using percussion on a v-drums set, combined with various post-production applications as well (eg delay the whole song for a time, in varying ranges).

i've used this 'technique' in many songs before, to effects that seem to appeal to both musician and non-musician alike, however, i'm curious what real drummers and percussionists think.

anyway, i'm playing a combination of dirt vs. clean here, but trying to create an "impressionist" sound using several tracks of live playing on the v-drums using various sound banks off the triggers, eg delayed sets, or various toys and samples.

in this track i'm trying to contrast between akward and dirty playing with the 'crispness' achieved in other voices, eg the guitars and bass voices, and their implications.

the percussion (and treble voices) is meant to represent tsunami ocean surf or 10 feet of collapsing powder or whatever, with guitars successfully shooting tubes or catching air with style - and with psychadelic flavor.

>> ride (mp3)

does it work for you at all? =P any thoughts appreciated.

thanks in advance.

:wave:

--_ ______________ _

"Self-awareness is the key to your upheaval from mediocrity."

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived